We often forget to give the treatment for our feet that they rightfully deserve since they support our body all day long. Like any skin on our body, they too need to be treated. You just need to protect and maintain them correctly to keep your feet beautiful and smooth, so you’re not ashamed when you’re using your strappy sandals. Who wants visible cracking heels after all?
- From the germs by soaking them in warm water and soap every once in a while, or even everyday if you can, when you get home. If you feel tired, the sensation of your feet touching the warm water will ease that tiredness a little bit.
- For a quick solution against bacteria, I also like to use antibacterial hand sanitizer on my feet by rubbing it until it dries. It also helps when I already feel my feet becoming really damp from all the sweats. Since antibacterial hand sanitizer contains lot of alcohol, it makes my feet dry afterwards.
- Apply sunscreen that you usually use for your body up to your feet. Your feet also get exposed to the sun so don’t forget to protect it from the nasty UVA and UVB rays.
- Apply moisturizer to your feet but avoid the area between your toes because they can get too moist. If you can see them clearly, usually your feet get dry easily but because they’re so far away from our eyes we often neglect them. Choose a moisturizer that is specifically targeted for the feet because usually they’re more nourishing than body lotion.
- Exfoliate dead skin cells every week by using foot scrub as this will help to smooth rough skin especially around your heels. Smooth calluses with a foot file or pumice stone before you apply any foot scrub product.
- To keep your feet supple and moist you can use petroleum jelly and slip on your socks before you go to bed to keep your feet moist. The next morning you can immediately feel your feet become smoother.
So after reading this article, don’t forget to give a little bit of extra attention to your feet.